Chozick Realty, Inc. is pleased to offer an opportunity to own the beautiful and historic St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. Located on East Main Street in an area of other houses of worship, St. Andrew’s is within the Transit Oriented District of Meriden and is within walking distance to the Meriden Transit Center, served by Amtrak on the New Haven-Springfield line. St. Andrew’s is a two story “Romanesque Revival” brownstone church located at the junction of East Main and Catlin Street, across from Meriden City Hall. The first floor of the church is made up of the office/reception area, several classrooms, restrooms, music/library room, meeting hall/cafeteria and large commercial kitchen. The first floor is street level with the side entrance to the property on Catlin Street. The upper level contains several classrooms/meeting rooms, restrooms, small kitchen, nursery room and sanctuary. The upper level is street level to the main entrance on East Main Street. The property was built in 1870 and has a historic run as an Episcopalian church. The sanctuary seats approximately +/- 450 and features an ornate alter, beautiful stained glass windows, hand carved choir stalls and a large Austin Organ installed in 1967, consisting of 38 ranks of pipes with an antiphonal organ in the rear balcony.
Listing information provided courtesy of SmartMLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Listing Agent: Edward Hillyer
For more information or to see this property with Edward Hillyer call or text 860-235-3424.