This lovely historic 17th century estate in Stonington which is part of the original Quiambaug Farm; built in 1683, by John Hallam a sea captain and merchant whom conveyed goods to and from the West Indies. Over the centuries it has had several prominent owners that have enhanced the original estate and brought it into the modern era.
The entrance to the property off Collins Road is a large circular driveway connecting the three car garage and the main house. Rolling landscape lined with stone walls leads down to access to the water via a beautiful stone lined canal which connects south to Lamberts Cove and Stonington Harbor.
The majestic main house faces South with a covered wrap around porch. The center chimney allows for every room to have a fireplace. It includes a formal living room, a double parlor opening into a very generous grand dining room. In the dining room there is an oversized colonial hearth with a wonderful representation of period colonial cooking. Off the dining room is the kitchen, greenhouse, pantry and elevator to the second floor.
The second floor has two bedrooms with fireplaces, plus a large library/office and two fully remodeled and updated marble baths as well as ample storage
The third floor features three bedrooms and beautiful marble updated bath and more storage.
Listing information provided courtesy of SmartMLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Listing Agent: Edward Hillyer
For more information or to see this property with Edward Hillyer call or text 860-235-3424.